EDF's mission is to link science, economics, law, and innovative private-sector partnerships to create transformational solutions to the most serious environmental problems. Air Tracker is designed to provide people and communities with general available information about air quality in their area by presenting data from a number of public resources in a common interface.
Air Tracker is made available strictly for general informational, non-commercial purposes only. Air Tracker data should not be taken as professional, legal or health related advice nor be relied upon as a source of information for any legal or regulatory action or health related decisions. You may use the information available on Air Tracker to inform yourself.
For example, you are permitted to:
- Use Air Tracker for your own information and education
- Link to the Air Tracker site using the following link: [https://globalcleanair.org/air-tracker/map]
- Use and report images from Air Tracker*
- Use Air Tracker to inform your community*
- Will not use EDF Air Tracker in any manner to interfere with, disrupt, negatively affect or inhibit other users from fully enjoying Air Tracker, or that could damage, disable, overburden or impair the functioning of any service(s) by which it may be made available.
- Will not modify Air Tracker or any service(s) through which it is made available;
- Not remove any references to Air Tracker, EDF or the public sources of the Air Tracker information;
- Will Not use Air Tracker as a part of any other application without prior written consent from us;
- Not mine any of the Air Tracker data or use any bots or similar data gathering or extraction methods designed to scrape or extract data from Air Tracker;
- Not use Air Tracker for any illegal or unauthorized purpose, to enable any high-risk activities or otherwise engage in, encourage or promote any activity that violates these Terms.
Air Tracker are provided at no charge. Air Tracker data is made available to you without any need to register or for us to collect Personal Data online from users. The limited permissions to access and use Air Tracker are nonexclusive and may be changed or revoked at any time. Any use of the Services other than as specifically authorized herein is strictly prohibited, will terminate your permission to use Air Tracker and may result in liability to you.
TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW, AIR TRACKER (INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, ANY AND ALL DATA, TEXT, GRAPHICS, IMAGES, PHOTOGRAPHS, ILLUSTRATIONS, AND INFORMATION OF ANY KIND, WHETHER EXPRESS, IMPLIED OR INFERRED) IS PROVIDED WITH NO REPRESENTATION OR WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, WHETHER EXPRESS, IMPLIED, STATUTORY OR OTHERWISE, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR USE, AVAILABILITY, ACCESSIBILITY, ACCURACY, AND NONINFRINGEMENT. NEITHER EDF NOR ANY OF THE THIRD PARTY PUBLIC SOURCES OF THE AIR TRACKER DATA ARE LIABLE UNDER THIS AGREEMENT TO YOU OR ANYONE ELSE FOR ANY INDIRECT, SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, EXEMPLARY, OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES, EVEN IF SUCH DAMAGES WERE POSSIBLE AND EVEN IF DIRECT DAMAGES ARE NOT A REMEDY. IN ANY EVENT, NO LIABILITY UNDER THESE TERMS WILL EXCEED MORE THAN FIVE HUNDRED DOLLARS (USD $500).
Air Tracker was developed using publicly available data from the following sources:
- Toxic Releases Inventory (TRI)
- National Emissions Inventory (NEI)
- Facility Registry Service (FRS)
- Texas Natural Resources Information System (TNRIS)
Air Tracker and all data offered through the application, including any text, graphics, images, photographs, videos, illustrations, information of any kind, and other content contained, implied or inferred therein were created by EDF, the data providers listed above, as well as other licensors and distributors and may be protected under US law(s). Except as explicitly stated in these terms, all rights in and to the data, application, and services are reserved by EDF, the public sources of the data, and any other licensors and distributors.
These Terms constitute the entire agreement between you and EDF with respect to your use of the EDF Air Tracker and that no joint venture, partnership, employment, agency or other relationship exists between you and EDF as a result of these terms or your use of the EDF Air Tracker. Our failure to exercise or enforce any right or provision of these terms does not constitute a waiver of such right or provision. If any provision of these terms is found by a court of competent jurisdiction to be invalid, the parties nevertheless agree that the court should endeavor to give effect to the parties' intentions as reflected in the provision, and the other provisions of the Terms remain in full force and effect.
IF YOU DISAGREE WITH ANY OF THESE TERMS, THEN YOU SHOULD NOT ACCESS AIR TRACKER AND YOU DO NOT HAVE PERMISSION TO USE ANY INFORMATION FROM AIR TRACKER.
If you have questions, send an email to AirTracker@edf.org